TERMS & CONDITIONS
• OVERNIGHT deliveries are picked up during the business day and delivered the following business day (Monday through Friday, statutory holidays excluded).
• To assure overnight charge, Overnight deliveries must be ordered 11/2 hours prior to the close of your business day or by the cut off time for the pick up area, whichever is earlier.
• Surcharges apply to certain destinations. Please consult the destination list.
• DanFoss Couriers does handle some classes of dangerous goods (as specified by Transport Canada). Please ensure that you specify your shipment includes dangerous goods when placing your order. A $12.00 surcharge will apply.
• DanFoss Couriers does not cross non-violent, non-confrontational nor other types of picket lines.
WEIGHT & DENSITY
• All shipments subject to weight verification.
• Non-standard sized packages are subject to surcharge.
• All shipments subject to 10 lbs. per cubic foot.
• Lengths over 14 feet are subject to surcharge.
• Non-stackable skids minimum charge $65.00
• 4 x 8 Skids rated @ 800 lb. minimum
C.O.D., RE-DELIVERY, WRONG ADDRESSES, WAITING, UNLOADING/LOADING TIME
• C.O.D. shipments must be identified at the time the order is placed and will be returned via overnight service unless otherwise specified. C.O.D. is $5.00 plus base tariff.
• Re-delivery and wrong addresses are an additional $5.00 per delivery and $12.00 for 5 ton trucks. All deliveries are redelivered the following business day for this charge.
• Waiting time, unloading/loading time is $50.00 per hour. Customs delays due to incomplete shipper documentation will be charged at the above hourly rates. First 10 minutes free.
• Orders not ready for pick up when a driver arrives are subject to no pick up charges of $5.00 and $12.00 for 5 ton trucks.
• Power Tailgate fee of $15.00 1st skid, $10.00 each additional skid.
• Residential delivery surcharge will apply.
• No collect shipments to Interline Points.
• $20.00 non-account minimum charge.
• $5.00 proof of delivery charge.
• Dan Foss Couriers will not accept mattresses for delivery.
• Appointment charge $35.00.
• Engines – minimum charge $65.00
• Insurance is available at a valuation charge of 2% + $10.00 to a maximum of $500.00 declared value.
• Mirror and/or glass items, acrylic, pottery and ceramics, perishable goods, artwork and used goods cannot be insured and must be properly packaged for shipping.
• Dan Foss Couriers will not accept liability for some unusual items, including auto parts. Such items travel at shipper’s risk of damage.
• Concealed damage must be reported within 24 hrs. of receipt of delivery.
• Not liable for loss, damage, inconsequential damage or delay, whether or not arising from negligence, to any of the goods transported. Maximum liability of $2.00 per lb. ($4.41/kg.) to a maximum of $100.00 per waybill. All claims must be received in writing within seven days of the date of shipment.
• Jewelry, precious stones, money, bonds and other items of extraordinary value cannot be shipped via DanFoss Couriers.
• Improperly packaged and/or non-packaged goods will be sent at the shipper’s risk. DanFoss Couriers accepts no liability or responsibility for damage to such shipments.
• The shipper will be responsible for all shipping charges on shipments where the receiver refuses to pay any or all collect charges, including storage and/or return charges.
• Signature is required for all deliveries unless prior arrangements have been made with DanFoss Couriers. Items will not be left at destination without a signature and envelopes will not be mail slotted.
Delivery times not guaranteed.